Saturday, December 11, 2004

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Hi everyone! Welcome to my brand new theatre blog, which is just a simple page that will keep you updated on all my current theatrical endeavors. Here are my gigs until the end of the year:

This weekend (Dec. 10-12) I will be performing at Coastal Repertory Theatre's 13th Annual Talent Show in Half Moon Bay. I have worked with them a lot in the past, and it's been three years since I have performed there, so it is a joy to be able to come back and sing there. I will be singing the haunting ballad "I Have Dreamed" from The King & I, backed by Ken Crowell's wonderful Big Band. We had our first performance last night and it was great. There are two more shows remaining, one tonight at 8 PM and one tomorrow (Sunday) at 2 PM. Tickets are $15. Also performing at the talent show is my dear friend Patti Appel. So if you're in the coastside, come check it out! For more info you can go to their website at www.coastalrep.com

Recently I was asked to come back to Max's Opera Cafe in Palo Alto for a rare piano gig appearance. (It's been a year and a half since I stopped working there) I guess it must have been a succesful gig because I have been asked to come back permanently. Here are the dates I will be playing for:

Monday, Dec. 13
Tuesday, Dec. 14
Saturday, Dec. 18
Monday, Dec. 20
Monday, Dec. 27

The music starts at 6 P.M. and stops at closing. There are also the Max's singing waiters and if you play your cards right, yours truly to serenade you. =+) Max's is located inside the Stanford Shopping Center in Palo Alto. (Perfect for your Holiday shopping!) If you decide to come in for dinner, I strongly suggest reservations, because they are terribly busy this time of year and the wait time for a table can be long. Their number is (650) 323-6297.

That wraps up the year for me. In January I will begin rehearsals for Foothill Music Theatre's upcoming production of Sweeney Todd which will be directed by Jay Manley, musical direction by Brandon Adams and have musical staging by my pal Joe Duffy. The performances begin in February so come back for more details. Also in January, I begin working as assistant to the head of the drama department at Canada College, the fabulous Linda Hoy. Linda will be directing "Soldado Razo" by Luis Valdez and it will be a joy to be working with her. I will also begin my second semester as a student there as well. And hopefully I will continue playing at Max's as my schedule allows.

Thanks for checking this blog out and I hope you have a wonderful Holiday season.

All the best,

Martin

"No Day But Today"
-Jonathan Larson