IT'S FINALLY HERE!
"It's gotta happen, happen sometime, maybe this time...." Yes, it’s finally here! I received my first bad review!!! Eva Ciabattoni from the Los Altos Town Crier writes "Rojas-Dietrich, although passionate and talented........and to remember that he is singing to a dozen intimate rows of seats, not bawling to the rafters at the Met." I'm almost flattered that she thinks I can even do that. It's very interesting to read how she ended her article, oops I mean review: "Bus Barn's 'World' is not to be missed."
In another review, Jeanie Forte who is a critic I respect from the Palo Alto Weekly news writes: "Martin Rojas-Dietrich is a formidable voice and a great character type, whose rendition of "Kiss of the Spider Woman" is one of the show's highlights. However his fortissimo at times is too much for the space, and sometimes his pianissimo drops too abruptly, making it difficult to understand the lyrics." I can live with that.
As a performer you are terrified of that first negative review. Now that's finally happened - it's not so bad. All I can continue to do is the best work I can - which is something that I strive for every time I am onstage. As long as my directors Barbara & Mark are happy with my work - reviews are simply a person's opinion.
So there you have it - two very different reviews.
The Divinely Decadent Ms. M takes a valium & plows on!
=+)



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home