URINETOWN: WEEK 2
It has been a very busy week but those who are in the theatre will understand this - you know that part of the rehearsal process where you see all the elements come alive and you see what an amazing show it is going to be? Well I saw that yesterday. This show is going to be amazing. Seeing the numbers Run Freedom Run and Snuff That Girl for the first time gave me chills.
Everyone remains wonderful to work with (usually by now I am bothered by SOMEONE in the cast - but not with this group.) We all get along fabulously!
On Saturday evening I was out of rehearsal an hour early so I was able to go to Hayward and see my friends Tracy Chiappone & Brian Couch perform in a production of The World Goes 'Round. (which by the way my schedule looks will be the last show I am able to see until Urinetown closes) Now you theatre people will understand this too - once you are in a show that means a lot to you it is very hard to be objective seeing another production. This was the case with this show. I tried to enjoy myself but my mind kept racing back a year to our wonderful production at Bus Barn. Both Brian & Tracy were great but it was difficult to sit there and enjoy myself. Maybe the fact that I was ready to collapse at the end of the day had something to do with it.
Yesterday I sent an e-mail with all the show info so I am enclosing it in this week's post also:
URINETOWN: THE MUSICAL
The company: Tielle Baker, Kevin Blackton, Katie Blodgett, Robert Brewer, Cyril Jamal Cooper, Diahanna Davidson, Keite Davis, Darrin Glesser, Kevin Kennedy, Austin Ku, Paul Myrvold, Martin Rojas-Dietrich, Paul Sawyer, Stephan Smith Collins, Klahr Thorsen & Diana Torres Koss.
Directed by Rick Singleton
Musical Director Don Dally
Choreographer Dottie Lester
The smash hit Musical Comedy makes it South Bay professional debut! A terrible water shortage has crippled the city, forcing the citizenry to pay for the privilege of using a public toilet. Those caught relieving themselves elsewhere are sent to the mysterious Urinetown, from which they never return. When the people take back the toilets, they get a harsh lesson in conservation, imparted through witty, satirical musical numbers, This fresh, irreverent musical--dubbed "audacious and exhilarating" by The New York Times and "better than THE PRODUCERS" by Time magazine--earned three Tonys and three Outer Critics Circle awards.
Previews begin May 31st
Show opens June 3 and runs to June 25
Performance schedule: Wednesdays/Thursdays 7:30 PM
Fridays & Saturdays at 8 PM and Sundays at 2 PM
San Jose Stage Company
490 South First Street
San Jose
Box Office: 408-283-7172 (hours: Tues-Fri Noon to 5 PM)
*Special discounts available to groups of 10 or more, students and seniors over 65. Call the Box office for details.
Ticket Prices: $25-50
www.sanjosestage.com
Okay - that's it from me. Try to stay cool and have a great week y'all.
=+)
M.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home