DANCING IN SEPTEMBER
August was kind of a blah month - so I can't wait for September to start when school will be underway, my birthday pops up, my best friend's birthday also happens and I will be seeing a lot of theatre including my friend Elvy Yost in Cal Shakes' The Merchant of Venice, my pal Darrin Glesser in Bus Barn's Tick, Tick..Boom!, my gorgeous gals Tracy Chiappone & Erica Abrahamson in Hillbarn's Grand Hotel (choreographed by my beloved Joe Duffy), BBBAY's Miss Saigon which stars my wonderful friend Paul Araquistain as the Engineer and also features my buddies Cyril Jamal Cooper & Danny Harper and finally I will be seeing my girl Heather Clemens in her professional opera debut!! About fucking time too!! She is in the chorus of Opera San Jose's Romeo & Juliette. It will be a most exciting & busy month - yay!!
Yesterday I met with my dear friend Patti Appel and we dished about school, theatre & then some - it is always wonderful to see her. I am very excited about seeing M. Butterfly this weekend - I am not usually this excited about seeing shows but I have high expectations for this one. I've never seen the play before but I loved reading it.
I am also a little disappointed that school commitments prohibit me from auditioning for professional shows in the spring - there are some really great shows coming up but I have to be patient and wait until summer - oh the pro's & con's of going back to school. Besides I am very excited about working with Debra Lambert -she has become a dear friend & mentor to me. Speaking of mentors - one of my classes in the fall is Musical Theatre Workshop which is taught by Debra and Billy Liberatore whom I love and Dottie Lester whom I also love - yay!! It should be a fun class. Okay I guess that's enough babbling from me.
=+)
M.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home