Sunday, January 14, 2007

THOUGHTS FROM THE WEEKEND

*This afternoon I performed a scene from Shakespeare's Merry Wives of Windsor with my friends Liz O'Neill and Adia Griffith for Pocket Opera's 30th Anniversary Kick Off Party which featured songs from the upcoming season and selected pieces from last season. The scene went great but I did have to leave right after because I had to come home and be with my Dad. Plus those of you who know me know that I don't like meet & greets. I never know what to say. I usually feel really uncomfortable. I know some actors love to greet the audience after a performance but I sure don't. I usually can't wait to get out of costume and make-up and either go eat or go to sleep. I appreciate the love - just give it during curtain call =+)

*Last night my friend Nick Patton came to see me at Max's which was very nice - I made him sing of course and he did a lovely rendition of "Misty." I love how my very talented friends come and sing with me =+)

*Night Music rehearsals are going well - the music is very demanding so I have a lot of harmonies to learn. Together the quintet is a torrent of talent. It's very exciting!

Not much else to report (yet) and I am going to enjoy tomorrow off and watch the Golden Globes and tonight Rome (the most decadent show on TV) & Extras (featuring the hilarious Ricky Gervais)on HBO.

Have a great week y'all

=+)

Martin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home