Thursday, May 31, 2007

BEEHIVE

Last night I didn't have rehearsal so I was able to see San Jose Stage Company's first preview performance of BEEHIVE. It is a great show and I highly recommend it. It's a musical review that features all the great femlae songs from the 60's including songs from Petula Clark, Lulu, The Supremes, Janis Joplin, Nancy Sinatra, Aretha Franklin, Tina Turner, Lesley Gore and more. The six ladies are phenomenal - Lydia Lyons, Adrienne Muller, Cheryl B. Scales, Dawn L. Troupe, Halsey Varady and my pal Tielle Baker. I am not just saying this because Tielle is a friend of mine but out of the six performers she really stood out to me. The other five girls are terrific but Tielle had this incredile energy the very moment she walked on stage - every beat, every step was sharp and precise and her vocals are truly amazing.

I found myself knowing so many of these great songs (White Rabbit, Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow, You Don't Have To Say You Love Me - too many to mention) and they even used my name in the "Name Game" song. It was also great seeing my wonderful friends/second family at the Stage Company and I also ran into my pals Robbie Brewer, Meredith King, Beverly Grant and even my White House Murder Case director Ray Garrett. I can't recommend this show enough - it's all about having a good time out. The show is directed by my Urinetown director Rick Singleton, choreographed by the incredible Dottie Lester-White and Ms. DTK herself (Diana Torres Koss for those of you out of the loop =+) is vocal director. The costumes & wigs are incredile - some of the best I have ever seen.

Go see Beehive - it's a great show.

=+)

Martin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home