Monday, April 04, 2005

PROJECT "?" REVEALED

Okay, the reason I didn't want to say anything is because auditions make me nervous enough as it is. You'd think that by now I'd get the hang of them, but no. After many years of waiting for the phone to ring, Theatreworks finally called. The show is "Harold & Maude The Musical" I only had a couple of days to look over the material and I am forever grateful to my friend Heather Clemens who coached me with my audition piece and the song I was given from the show (called Woe). The coolest thing about auditioning was getting the chance to sing for the composers. Joseph Thalken who wrote the music and Tom Jones who wrote the book & lyrics (and of course The Fantasticks!) I don't want to speculate on how I did, because I am always my biggest critic. The audition was a rare & pleasant surprise. I don't have any expectations, I just hope they'll call more often. =+)

In other news, "Soldado Razo & The Poetry of War" received a very nice review by John Angell Grant in the Daily News. He said "Canada (college) has staged a moving student production of the show, ably directed by Linda Hoy. In her red dress, actor Maryann Moore stands out as a serene and philosophical Death." I'm thrilled for them! We actually have a couple of special added Wednesday morning shows for the college. I really hope they have nice full houses this weekend.

I'll be sad when my work is done at Canada College for this semester, but I will be able to concentrate on my schoolwork (which I have been neglecting) and of course learn the difficult harmonies in "The World Goes Round".

That's all for now

=+)

Martin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home