Thursday, May 19, 2005

"WORLD" OPENS TOMORROW

Last night we had a few people watch our last dress rehearsal, including a couple of friends from my acting class at Canada. The funniest thing happened - there is a transition moment in which Jen Oku sings My Coloring Book and then I start singing I Don't Remember You. Our wonderful musical director Mark Hanson, who is probably one of the sweetest & funniest souls I have come across lately, couldn't get his page turn in time, and I am in the wings desperately going over the song in my head before I have to go onstage (this show is all about pace, movement & remembering LYRICS!!) when all of a sudden I hear Mark say "SHIT!" I had to work so hard not to laugh as I started singing my song. I love live theatre!!
In a couple of hours we have a special performance for the Rotary Club of Los Altos where we'll do about 1/2 hour worth of material from the show. Tonight is our preview and tomorrow is our opening!! I'm having the time of my life with this show. Do yourself a favor - come see us, we are good!!

=+)

M.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home