WOODS - WEEK 3
Yesterday we had an amazing runthrough - the show has come together so quickly this last week and it really is breathtaking. There are many wonderful comedic moments in the show (a lot of them from the cow Milky White who is really the amazing Bill Olson) but the most moving for me are Thursday Farrar singing Stay With Me, Christiane Noll's Moments in the Woods and Gary Martinez & Jackson Davis' No More. I was in tears during all three of these songs yesterday.It has been wonderful getting to know my fellow company members especially since a lot of them are from out of town - and then it suddenly hit me: I am not only working with some of the best talent in the Bay Area, I am working with some of the best talent in the world. I am so proud & honored & thrilled to be a part of this show.
I ran into Brandon Adams yesterday who was my brilliant musical director in Sweeney and he will be playing in the orchestra - way cool.
If you haven't already done so - get tickets for this show because I am pretty sure they will go quickly. For those of you who can't afford a ticket you can come see our last dress rehearsal on Tuesday, Nov. 29th at 8 PM for free. I recommend arriving early for this as it will get full very quickly. You can also catch a preview performance which I believe is cheaper than a performance after we open.
This past week has been very busy but it's been getting a little easier to manage. I am not as tired as I was last week though I am sure I will talking a different story during tech.
There is also a nice article about the production on Wave Magazine who interviewed our director Robert Kelley. Check it out.
Allright - that's it from me - I'm going to see the new "Harry Potter" film today and hopefully a bit of a rest.
Have a great week y'all.
=+)
M.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home