URINETOWN: WEEK 3
I can't remember the last time I had so much fun playing a role like this. I'm madly in love with the show, my character, the cast & the production staff. Now that's a rarity for me because I usually have SOMETHING to bitch about. Not right now. Whenever my body starts to feel tired or I feel like whinning I remind myself how lucky & blessed I am to be a part of this - and it works! We had a really busy weekend and a really good runthrough today. This upcoming week the set goes up - I can't wait to see it.
Most of my scenes are with Officer Lockstock played by the incredible Kevin Blackton - this guy cracks me up. It is a pleasure to be his sidekick. We are just having a ball with these parts and we laugh so much offstage. The show really is a company ensemble effort as we all get to shine a little bit and this cast ROCKS!
I finish my studies at Canada College this week (I'm even missing graduation because of tech) but it will be nice to just have to worry about the show and nothing else for a little while. I am not looking forward to the following week where we have rehearsals & previews all up until opening. Then it should be easy sailing.
Okay I guess that's it from me - nothing too exciting to report except that I am having a great time doing this show!! (did I already mention that?!) I think I might go check out the DaVinci Code movie tomorrow. It looks interesting.
Okay y'all - have a great week!
=+)
M.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home