Sunday, December 10, 2006

HELL-ISH WEEK


As those of you in the theatre world know HELL WEEK is the week before opening when everything is trying to come together - even though I am not in a show right now this week feels like hell week. Tonight I have dress rehearsal for our Musical Theatre Workshop performance (why we are having two performances - I will never know) plus finals, voice jury and my root canal tomorrow afternoon. HELP!!!


On Friday evening my friend Justin Taylor Nixon & I went to see Hillbarn's production of BIG. I am still not sure why they turned that movie into a musical but it was wonderful to see my friends Tracy Chiappone (a superstar as always) and Vicki Morgan (who brought a new meaning to the word "Barney") and Kathi Duggan (a hilarious bum) and her two sons (Kathi & her sons were in Oliver with me a few years back.) Riley Costello who plays young Josh was adorable. The show was cute but not really my cup of tea - I'm not really a family musical kind-of-guy but check it out they play until the end of December. The show was directed by Erica Abrahamson and choreographed by Joe Duffy (who will be choreographing FMT's upcoming Pippin and Hillbarn's Music Man.) The did an amazing job using the small space with this very large cast.

Okay folks that's it from me - hopefully by Thursday the storm will calm. Have great week y'all.

=+)

M.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home