Monday, January 29, 2007

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!


On Friday night, some of my fellow Night Music cast members & I went to see THE QUEEN. I wanted to see it because all I hear is how Helen Mirren is a sure-win for this year's Oscars. I already say Meryl Streep's brilliant performance in The Devil Wears Prada and Penelope Cruz's moving role in Volver and plan to see Judi Dench in Notes on a Scandal (no plans to see Little Children as of now - sorry Kate) The movie was quite brilliant - very quiet but graphic and intense in some scenes. Helen Mirren brought an amazing heart to this person who is not very likable. A stunning performance and I concur - give her the damn Oscar already. She gave a wonderful speech when she received the Screen Actors Guild Award this weekend (well actually 2 awards - again!) I have always been a fan of her work and this recognition is long overdue. Brava!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home