Sunday, July 15, 2007

LA MANCHA WEEK 7

I can't believe it's been 7 weeks since I started rehearsals for La Mancha - we are now finished with our third week of performances and still have 7 more weeks to go - wow. The shows this week were great and on Friday night my Mom & my Sis came to see the show - they loved it and also in the audience was my pal Mike Padilla & his friend Terrence. It was wonderful to see them. Mike you crack me up! Who else besides you (& Joe Duffy) get my Mommie Dearest references?!

Okay - doing the show twice in one day - painful. Not so much for the physical aspects of the show but the emotional. It's a very emotional journey that I live through for 1 hour and 45 minutes but I gotta tell you - I am loving every minute of it. I love that this show continues to challenge me in ways I really can't describe with words. Our audiences have been wonderful and spoiling us with rousing standing ovations.

I strongly encourage all of you martintheatre blog readers to please come see the show - you will be glad you did and I promise not to bug you for the rest of the year about coming to see anything else that I do. =+)

This will be my last week of teaching at Hillbarn and it has been a wonderful experience. I found that I was able to share some of the knowledge that my beloved mentor Linda Hoy has given to me. Still to this day she continues to be my mentor & inspiration for being an actor.

Sunday (technically today since it's 2 AM) I am going to check out my friend Jon Rosen's production of HAIR. I have never seen the stage production so I am looking forward to seeing it. On Monday I will catch the new Harry Potter (yay!) and on Tuesday will see the final dress rehearsal of the new play at TheatreWorks which some friends of mine are in.

You still have 35, (well 33 chances, our next 2 matinees are sold out) to see Man of La Mancha so please go see it. If cost is a consideration check out www.goldstarevents.com and find the listing for Man of La Mancha @ SF Playhouse. They always sell at least a few tickets for every show under $20 but you must buy them in advance.

If you do come see the show send me an e-mail or call me so I'll be sure to rush right after the show to say hello.

I will start posting reviews & links next week.

That's all for now. Have a great week y'all

=+)

Martin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home