Sunday, January 27, 2008

WHEN IT RAINS...IT POURS!

So!!! The past few couple of days certainly have been interesting so let's recap...

First of all I have to confess that I have not been sleeping well and been feeling very odd during the day (tired & cranky) though I first thought that it was because I stopped smoking (I'm trying to quit again only this time it's not "quitting" but just stopping for a while.) but am now worried that it's not that.

On Friday I went to school having slept maybe a couple (or three) hours. I knew I had to sing at the Noon Concert (a free performance done once a month) and I had to sing 2 songs that I know very well. First of all I must note that there was no one at the concert besides NDNU students because there was no advertisement for this event and I was so tired and not in my A-game. I get up to sign Forbidden Fruit from The Apple Tree and I jumped verses and I knew that I was in trouble so I stopped, apologized and asked to start again...guess what? The same fucking thing happens. I am mortified because I had to start over again...this time all goes well but I just wanted to get offstage as soon as possible. There is no excuse for what happened - I know that it's life after all and shit happens but this was a combination of not getting enough sleep and not being on my A-game a 100%

So I am feeling a bit shitty and I decide to do something nice and I take my Dad to lunch to the Fish Market restaurant in Palo Alto. We had a shitty waitress and the food was awful (which surprised me because the food is always good here) and then I decided that it was time that I owned an Ipod so off to the Apple store in Stanford I went. I was so excited and went home to install it.
I was having some issues with installing it and I had to go to rehearsal for Orpheus so off I went...I sit around for 2 1/2 hours waiting for me to appear (I only appear in Act III) and then they decide to skip to the end, thereby skipping my part. I know that this happens - it's happened many times in many shows before...you are called, you wait, you do nothing. Nothing upsets me more than having my time wasted especially on this day when I am so sleep deprived. I go home and try to fix the Ipod just as the Apple Technician had instructed to me on the phone.

By some way, I must have made an error in what I did because my computer crashed. Today I was on the phone with Dell for 2 hours trying to fix it. Apparently my little mistake can only be fixed by re-installing Microsoft thereby erasing the last four years of my life...sheet music, an insane musical collection, personal files, ideas...ME - erased. On top of that Dell charged me $39 because my warranty had expired.

I needed to clear my head to I went to Apple to return my Ipod since it ruined my life and I was told that I would be charged a re-stocking fee of 10% You think that's it? NO!!! We are so not done. Then I decide to get some to go food from the Cheesecake Factory. I go, order, pay...an hour goes by and I still don't have my food. By the time I received it it was cold, and not even the right order. The manager didn't even apologize.

I think that life is all about these little episodes...true that many people have it much worse. After all what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I just feel that a piece of me was just erased. Maybe life is just s big ball of shit and it is up to us to overcome it. I have much more unhappy moments than happy ones so maybe that's just life. When it rains it pours...but the world goes 'round baby and we must go on.

And how are YOU?!

=+)


Martin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home