Saturday, January 30, 2010

PRIVATE LIVES

Happy New Year Y'all! I hope that 2010 brings you all that you want from life.

I decided that this year I would try a new rule when going to the theatre. No more than 1 production per week. Last year I found myself seeing 2-3 shows a week and that became tedious. I want to go to the theatre to be taken away from my everyday life and it's no fun when it becomes a task. I have 6 weeks (or 6 shows) already booked in a row and I can't think of a better way to kick off the theatre year than with Bus Barn Stage Company's terrific production of Noel Coward's Private Lives.

The cast is truly terrific. My dear friend Diahanna Davidson is a sublime Amanda. She and Tom Gough (Elyot) have many wonderful moments in the show. The end of Act II alone is worth the price of admission. My friend Linda Piccone did a terrific job staging the piece and finding the right balance in the rhythms of the piece that made it a really terrific evening of theatre for me. A great supporting cast including Halsey Varady (a delicious Sibyl) and John Romano (incredibly authentic Victor) were a delight.

It's been a while since I've seen a show at Bus Barn and I am so glad I went. I must also mention the outstanding set design by Ron Gasparinetti (you are in for a treat when the act II set is revealed), beautiful costumes by Emily Greene and great music selection/design from Rich Miller. I can't recommend this show enough. If you are a lover of theatre get yourself to Los Altos for a terrific night of theatre. Private Lives runs to February 20th.

Next up for me? Next week is Fiddler on the Roof starring my Idol, Harvery Fierstein. I can't wait.

Cheers!

Martin

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home