TURNING 31
I had a really busy summer working for Hillbarn Theatre's summer conservatory but had the best time working with wonderful friends both old and new. In Alice In Wonderland I met one of the coolest people I have ever known: Jillian Toby-Cummings, who was our wonderful choreographer and a hoot and a half. Doing Snoopy I got to collaborate with the delicious team of Matt Mattei and Shannon Stowe. Who could ask for anything more? I had a wonderful time directing Snoopy. The kids were terrific and I really learned a lot about myself this past summer. I found hidden in me the fact that I love directing. I had such a blast doing it during the summer that I am doing again at the moment. I am directing and music directing Once Upon A Mattress for Hillbarn Theatre/Crocker School working with the wonderful Vicki Holden as my choreographer. We just started auditions this week and Vicki & I will finalize casting tomorrow.
I turned 31 yesterday and I wasn't one of the best birthdays on record (the new Bay Bridge ramp was making traffic slow on 101 and I was stuck in traffic and couldn't get to Berkeley Rep to see American Idiot which was my sister's present for my birthday.) Needless to say I was not a happy camper. Today was a much better day because Debra Lambert has invited me to be a part of NDNU's upcoming production of Company to play the role of Paul (he's in the Getting Married Today number). Coming back to NDNU so soon after graduation wasn't exactly on my to-do list but to do such a cool show, work once again with the delicious Billy Liberatore and Greg Fritsch and on an equity contract proved this an easy decision. I start rehearsals tomorrow.
So it looks like my schedule went from light to busy in only a day. Company runs the first two weekends of October. I haven't performed in a show in over 9 months so I am looking forward to returning to the stage.
That's all for now.
Cheers
Martin



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home