WHERE HAS THE YEAR GONE?
I can't believe it's been almost a month since my last blog posting I think facebook has taken up most of my time. =+) A lot of things have happened in the last month and the most traumatic has to be me going back to NDNU in the spring to take 6 units. Apparently I need one more music theory class and a math class in order to graduate. It's not that traumatic but still a pain in the ass nonetheless. Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9-12 plus voice lessons. I think I'll live.
The show is going beautifully and even though we close this Sunday I wish the show could go on for longer. This has been without a doubt the most wonderful theatre experience EVER. My colleagues are amazing, warm, generous and hilarious to work with, the production team is a Godsend and everyone at the Stage Company welcomes me with open arms. If I had my way I would work there all the time. I am so honored to be back for a third consecutive season.
At the beginning of the month I went to see Phantom in the city. It's been years since I saw it and it took me back to my teenage years and my obsession with Phantom. Now I realize it's not the greatest show ever written, in fact it's kind of a bad show but still the ending gets to me and the story still breaks my heart. What I really loved about this production is the smaller roles like Piangi - I never really looked at that role as being a scene stealer but the understudy who was on really stole all his scenes - that's a role I need to start looking at =+)
Speaking of shows I went to see Babes in Hollywood at Hillbarn and if you've already seen my show - GO SEE IT! It's wonderfully directed and choreographed by Tim Bair with a great cast. I had a lovely afternoon seeing it. The economy is hard right now and theatre is a luxury but if you can please go and support live theatre.
I am all done with finals this semester and just waiting for January 5 when my Dad & I will be going on a cruise to Cabo San Lucas. I am so excited - this will be my first REAL vacation in almost 13 years. The last time I had a real vacation I was 17 and went to New York. No shows lined up for the new year except a lot of auditions so hopefully I will have something to report in the next couple of months.
I will be singing at Nicolino's Restaurant in Sunnyvale on New Years Eve - for more info go to their website at http://nicolinosgardencafe.com/
2008 has been a great year for me, full of challenges and dreams come true none more than me receiving my equity card. I have done my first opera, had a fabulous summer teaching gig, musical directed my first regional theatre production, presented the best senior recital I could have, done my first equity show - who could ask for anything more? I am so grateful for all the good things that have happened. May 2009 be a better year for us all. Lord please fix the economy.
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night and a happy new year!
See you all on '09
=+)
Martin
p.s. Get your behind to see EVERY CHRISTMAS STORY EVER TOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!! We close this Sunday.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home