H & M - WEEK 3
I had an amazing experience yesterday - I got to go over the music for the show with the composer Joseph Thalken playing the piano for me. I was very intimidated & scared at first and even told him so. He said that I should forget about that and just pretend that he’s the piano player. The man is amazing - not only is he a brilliant musician & composer but also one of the nicest individuals I have ever met. He seemed really pleased with my work and this was one rehearsal I shall never forget.
My new pal (& mentor) Daniel Marcus has told me that he reads my blog - I thought he was full of BS until he made a comment about one of my posts, so I knew he was telling the truth! So it makes me really uncomfortable to talk about the man knowing he might read this - but anyone who knows me knows that I don’t kiss anyone’s butt and everything I write here is the truth: Not only is he a genius (honestly) but he is sooo funny and a wonderful guy. I’m really a lucky gal to be able to go to rehearsal and soak in all this knowledge & experience from my fellow talented cast members.
Today was the second designer runthrough which was amazing. Pamela Myers is a Goddess of the theatre - what an amazing talent. Her portrayal of Maude is astounding.
On Wednesday we move into the Lucie Stern and begin previews the following week. I know this show will be something really special - so plan to go see it!!!!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home