Friday, July 22, 2005

UNDERSTUDY REHEARSAL

Last night my dear friend Hilary Little & I went to see FMT's preview of Brigadoon. It almost seemed like a Sweeney reunion since we sat with Michelle Jones, Austin Ku & James Iglehart. I had a great time with them. It was great to cheer my friends Ray Renati, David Wiesen & Sean Fenton on who were awesome on-stage. Hilary will start rehearsals soon for a musical called Ruthless in which she will play one of the leads - I am sooo happy for her. Austin has a lot going on - check out his website for more info: www.austin-ku.com and Mr. Iglehart will be playing the Cowardly Lion in AMT's The Wizard of Oz! - so cool!

As for H & M news - today was the first time the understudies got rehearsal time on-stage. I don't know why I was stressing about it. Overall I thought it went very well. It was an intimidating experience to try the material on-stage for the first time. Even though I know my lines & music, it's a another story to actually "perform" it on-stage for the first time. Our musical director Billy Liberatore seemed very pleased with my work. We didn't get through all the scenes since one of the understudies was missing so Ryder & I worked on our scenes which were great. I am looking forward to our full runthrough on Wednesday but even more excited for tomorrow's opening night. I'm taking my sis Mary Ann with me, since she has been an angel helping me learn my lines (even when she didn't really want to =+) and also encouraging me to do better.


=+)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home