Tuesday, September 26, 2006

OPENING ACT


I just found out that on Friday evening I will be one of 5 students selected to be the opening act for Wesla Whitfield's concert at the Ralston Ballroom. What an honor. Wesla has been so inspirational in her vocal interpretation class and I am over the moon to be a part of her concert. I have been asked to sing Agustin Lara's haunting Spanish ballad - Granada. Big stuff. Yay!! For those interested - Wesla is a cabaret legend and a Bay Area treasure. She will be performing with her husband Mike Greensill. Here's the info in case you'd like to come:

Ralston Performers Series
Wesla Whitfield in Concert
Friday, September 29 at 7:30 p.m.
Ralston Hall Mansion Ballroom
The newest members of NDNU's voice faculty, renowned cabaret/jazz artist Wesla Whitfield and pianist/music director Michael Greensill, make magic in beautiful Ralston Ballroom.

The concert is presented in conjunction with NDNU's Alumni Association.
Tickets cost $15 for general admission. For more information, call (650) 508-3515

Check out
www.weslawhitfield.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home