Wednesday, December 13, 2006

SCHOOL'S OUT!!!

YES!!! I am officially done. This has been a difficult & exhausting first semester but there has also been a lot of joy - and experiences I shall never forget. Getting to work with Wesla Whitfield - that was beyond amazing. Also working with Billy Liberatore, Dottie Lester and Marc Jacobs (who gave me chills when he told me he wants me to be a part of this really amazing project in the summer) was awesome. I have also met some extraordinary talented students - many of whom have become my friends. Yay!! - here's to sticking things out 'till the end.

Tonight our Opera Workshop class performed and I think we all did an amazing job. I was very proud on how my scene from Merry Wives went - it gave me a chance to see how audiences would react to my interpretation of Falstaff - and for that I am very grateful to Kimberly Mohne Hill who really helped me with the Shakespeare. I am looking forward to being challenged next semester with a full schedule of classes & performances. And while we are giving out gratitude - I do want to acknowledge my voice teacher Lee Strawn who gave me a lot of confidence and pointed me in the right direction and especially Debra Lambert who continues to be a champion of mine and who believes in me far more than I do. Thanks Debra.

After our performance we all went out and got hammered. What a great way to end the semester.

Guess what I am doing tomorrow? NOTHING!!!!! Hee hee.

=+)

Martin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home