Tuesday, November 20, 2007

BACK TO NORMAL

Sorry I haven't been able to post in while - this last week was really an awful one. I was knee-deep in rehearsals for The Secret Garden which was one of the most trying "hell" weeks I have ever experienced. Everything seemed to be going wrong and I was out of my mind trying to get things fixed - my issues were mostly problems with tempos with the orchestra & sound - there were so many problems and they were not all fixed by opening night which made me feel devastated but a miracle happened on Saturday night's performance - the tempos were right and the other problems were getting fixed and all seemed to be coming together and I am so glad because it is a lovely show and the cast is super nice.

I have already heard some of the most wonderful comments about my performance that I could hope to hear - at opening night an older gentleman came up to me and told me how much the duet "How Could I Ever Know" meant to him - he had tears in his eyes and told me how he lost his wife a few years back and that song reminded him exactly of that loss - what can you say to that kids?

If you are able to make it to Half Moon Bay please come see the show - it is lovely. And without tooting my own horn - this is my first lead and a performance that I am especially proud of. The show runs until December 16th and tickets are not expensive at all. You can also go to this link for discounted tickets via artsopolis (tickets as low at $12!!!:) http://www.artsopolis.com/esavers/5-43.htm

By the time Sunday came about I was beyond exhausted and I had callbacks for the spring musical at school, then the show and then had to haul ass to go to work at Max's. That was a tough one kids - but goes to show what the human body can endure. I am thrilled that this week I only have two more days of school and a four day weekend. Alright - off to get some rest!!!

That reminds me - Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

Cheers

Martin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home