Sunday, February 17, 2008

VOCI, ORPHEUS OPENS

Hi there!

Hope everyone is well. Last night I performed at a Valentine's concert at school. Last year I sang "Wheels of a Dream" with my pal Marisol Urbano. This year I wanted to do something 180 degress different so I chose the song "Sara Lee" which I love. My friend Elana Ron helped me perform it and my beloved Laurie Nellessen helped us choreograph it. It was lots of fun. What surprised me about the evening was the applause I received before I even sang a note. It was rather overwhelming and really touched my heart. I guess a lot of the people who come to see things at NDNU know who I am now. It took me by surprise.

Orpheus opens this Friday and Saturday at NDNU with the student cast and then the Pocket Opera cast performs in Napa on Sunday so it will be another crazy week. Not to mention that next Monday rehearsals for Children of Eden starts. I am not really excited about doing this show but alas I must keep my commitment as it will be my last show with the school (outside of my recital.)

If you are able to come see Orpheus...do. It's a fun show and our brilliant director Greg Fritsch has done some amazing things with the show. It's fun and not terribly long. I haven't done a cameo role since I played Herod in Superstar and I am having a blast playing John Styx. He's quickly become one of my favorite characters.

Alright - that's it from me.

Have a great week y'all!

=+)

M.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home