Tuesday, May 04, 2010

TRANSITION

Finally, a moment to breathe! DIRTY BLONDE closed on Sunday to a wonderful audience. I think this has got to be one of my all-time favorite theatre experiences, thanks to my San Jose Stage Company family who continue to love me as an artist and as a friend. I'm just crazy about everyone who works there and working with my beloved friend Rick Singleton on this project that was so dear to his heart...well I'm just going to get weepy if I continue with this. Not to mention the amazing crew, designers and most of all my extraordinary colleagues Judith Miller and Colin Thomson who were just so warm, caring and beautiful on stage and off. We had a lovely dinner (just the 3 of us) after closing. I will sure be sad tomorrow night when I'll not be on stage with these wonderful friends.


Last Wednesday I started feeling a gout attack on my foot which was very random (I've been on a healthy lifestyle change for the past 2 months) and it turned out to be a result of a medication prescription that shouldn't have been prescribed. Wednesday & Thursday night's shows were nothing like Friday where I wanted to weep onstage from the discomfort. I wound up in the E.R. and luckily all was well for the Saturday show and the heels were back on for closing!


We began auditions for Urinetown at Coastal Rep and we are still looking for non-union men who might be interested - all roles are still open. We have tremendous talent (both male & female) but anyone is welcome to contact me at mrojasdietrich@gmail.com for more info. We will be seeing people again on May 24th. Rehearsals start June 1 and the show performs July 23 - August 21. We have a seriously fabulous production team on this show and it will be so much fun.


Tomorrow we are meeting with the Hillbarn conservatory staff to discuss the two shows I'll be directing. So much coming up - May is really a transition month. I'm so looking forward to summer!!


Hope all is well with y'all!


Cheers!


Martin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home