Saturday, September 25, 2010

THIS IS THE MOMENT


On my last post I mentioned a couple of opportunities that I was waiting to hear about. On Thursday evening I was one of a few gentlemen called in to audition for a speaking role in San Francisco Opera's upcoming production of Cyrano de Bergerac starring the great tenor Plácido Domingo. On Friday I found out I won the role.

Needless to say, my life has changed. I have had to take an immediate leave of absence from my job at Max's Opera Cafe until next year. Rehearsals for the opera began today with director and designer Petrika Ionesco. My role is a fabulous one and quite comical. Petrika has added a scene at the beginning of the opera to introduce my character. I don't want to give anything away but I do have a kick-ass second entrance and a scene with Mr. Domingo himself.

I am over the moon, especially since I will still be able to continue my work at Hillsdale High as they 've been so accomodating to my new schedule and of course the Christmas show at San Jose Stage. They say ask and you shall receive, so thank you Lord, thank you Muse, and thank you to everyone who has offered their good wishes. I am eternally grateful for this opportunity and for what the future holds for me.


Cheers,


Martin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home