STILL CELEBRATING
I have had the most amazing birthday celebration - started last Tuesday and continuing still. I was able to catch the preview performance of Aida at Bus Barn Stage Company where I saw my beloved production team from The World Goes 'Round: directors Barbara Cannon, Michael Spector & choreographer Shannon Stowe and my dear pal Jen Oku in the title role. I had never seen the show or heard any of the music and I really liked it. It was great seeing so many performers that I have worked with in the cast.
The next night, I was whisked off to Lake Tahoe for some serious R & R and came back Sunday evening to see my best friend Heather Clemens in a new production of Teatro Zinzanni featuring disco diva Thelma Houston (Don't Leave Me This Way). The show was amazing and Heather never fails to blow me away with her beautiful soprano voice. This particular production is thrilling & hilarious and features the comedic genius of Christine Deaver. I have seen the show before - but this by far my favorite cast. The show is fabulous and also features a fantastic dinner. I can't encourage you enough to see Heather in the show since she will be leaving the show in October - so catch her while you can! In January she will be joining the Seattle cast for a few months. I am saddened to see my best friend leave but thrilled for her success because to me - she is a star.
I am feeling rested & happy and will be going to see TheatreWorks' production of Intimate Apparel this week. That's all from me now - wishing you all a wonderful week.
Mwah!
M



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home