Monday, December 12, 2005

AN INTERESTING WEEK

What an interesting week this has been for us at the Into The Woods company. Full of surprises that only a venture like live theatre can give. The week started on Tuesday when during the first act the trees which are on computer tracks were not working. This throws off the balance of the entire show and needed to get fixed, so we had to stop the show during Act I for three minutes to fix it. The audience was very warm to us that night despite the technical glitch.

On Friday night, I missed one of my entrances - I had no excuse, I simply forgot how quickly I needed to go back on stage. Luckily my colleagues covered for me beautifully. What's funny is that the following night, C. Kelly Wright who plays one of the Step Daughters, forgets her entrance in the same scene. The Royal Family is doomed =+) Despite a few minor incidents, the show continues to develop beautifully. All the reviews have been glowing and I think makes this show one of the highest rated this year.

I have never done 8 shows a week, so it has been a learning experience to say the least. I am looking forward to the end of my school semester on Thursday so I dedicate myself completely to just doing the show.

This is actually a complete day off for me - no school, no appointment, nada - so I'm going to chill until tomorrow.

Have a great week y'all!

=+)

M.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home