Sunday, January 15, 2006

COUNTDOWN TO THE GLOBES

I love watching award shows - well not ALL award shows - I like the Kennedy Center Honors, Oscars, Emmys, Golden Globes, Screen Actors Guild & sometimes the Tonys. On Monday the 63rd Annual Golden Globes will be given in Los Angeles to the best in television & film according to the Hollywood Foreign Press Association. My predictions & whom I'll be cheering for:

BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN - The best film of the year - I feel it should win best picture (drama), best director & best adapted screenplay & maybe even best supporting actress (she has come a long way since the "Creek" I wonder what James Van Der Beek is up to these days?) Oh and Jake should have been nominated.

PHILIP SEYMOUR HOFFMAN - was hands down the best actor. What a fucking genius this man is. Simply genius. Heath Ledger's Mr. Del Mar was great but not as fascinating as Hoffman's Capote.

CRASH should win best screenplay - what an amazing film.

I think the Desperate Housewives will cancel each other out (even though they are all fabulous) and MARY-LOUISE PARKER will win for Weeds and hopefully also Elizabeth Perkins.

I didn't see any of the films that the best actress drama ladies did but my money is on Felicity Huffman - I just love her.

Walk The Line will win best film (musical/comedy) and Reese Witherspoon will win best actress as will Joaquin Phoenix for best actor (though Nathan Lane should be honored)

If Michelle Williams doesn't win for Brokeback - I bet on Scarlett Johannson for Match Point. She was fucking amazing.

Paul Giamatti will win best supporting actor (for all his previous work.)

I will be rooting for HBO's ROME & Polly Walker as best actress drama. I love that show!!

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES will win best comedy. Period.

Other favorites: Jeremy Piven in Entourage, Jason Lee in My Name is Earl, S. Epatha Merkenson for Lackawanna Blues.

One award I am already thrilled about is the Cecil B. DeMille Lifetime Achievement Award this year given to Sir Anthony Hopkins. Bravo!

Alright enough of this -I have too much free time! But you can be sure I will be watching the Golden Globes this Monday night on NBC. Why not watch it too? =+)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home