DEAN GOODMAN
I received this e-mail today from director Jay Manley and I thought I would share it with all of you:
Dear Friends,
Dean Goodman has recently been diagnosed with untreatable cancer. He has been given a short time to live. You are one of the many, many people he has recognized over the years with awards, first when he wrote for DramaLogue, and then, in more recent years, with the Dean Goodman "Choice" Awards. I can think of no one in the Bay Area who has been a stronger force for and encouragement of good quality theatre, and he has always been willing to go anywhere to find it, not just the large Equity houses. If you know others who have received his awards over the years (my memory and my email bank are not all-inclusive), please pass this message along to them.My best wishes to you all, Jay
I am very proud of my Dean Goodman Choice Award for Sweeney Todd. Dean Goodman has been a lifelong supporter of theatre - if you would like to share your good wishes with him please e-mail me and I will pass on to you his address.
M.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home