THIS IS A FIRST ONE!
I have never seen this before in my life - Reading the Mercury News' review of Hairspray (which I am looking forward to seeing on Tuesday night) I couldn't believe what I read right in the middle of the review:
"For a show with a more substantial score and more social significance, don't miss 'Urinetown' at San Jose Stage Company."
I couldn't believe it! The review for Hairspray was a good one but I have never seen something like this - a critic saying go see this other show. It is GREAT publicity for us and it also means that we are all doing our job and doing it well.
The show is such a joy to do every night. (Honestly - it really is!) If you haven't seen it already - COME!! It is truly a great night in the theatre.
Tomorrow we will have our first post-show discussion with the audience led by the company's Artistic Director Randy King - Randy is such an amazing actor and a great support. I have gotten some great feedback and comments from him.
Tomorrow night is the TONY Awards broadcast on CBS from 8-11 PM. I am taping the show but will be rooting for Patti LuPone & the entire production of Sweeney Todd.
That's all for now - more in a couple of days.
=+)
M.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home