Saturday, September 30, 2006

A NIGHT TO REMEMBER

Last night was one of those nights - that will forever be a part of my memories. It's amazing how magical a night can be despite the fact that the day was horrific. (I was not well-rested, had classes all day, only had a bagel to eat all day and my voice was feeling a bit tired)

I didn't have time to be nervous while I was in school but as soon as I arrived to Ralston Mansion the nerves started creeping in. All five of us who sang did a great job and I was honored to close the opening act with "Granada." I was feeling so many things - Wesla could tell how nervous I was so she gave me her lucky whistle to hold onto - I even had to hold my friend Marisol's hand before going on but after I was out there I sang my heart out. The acoustics in that room are amazing - I could hear myself surround sound (sans microphone) I received such a wonderful ovation from the audience - it filled my heart beyond description. I was also overwhelmed with compliments especially those by my fellow classmates. I was so overcome with joy I had to fight back tears.

I held my tears until the end of Wesla's concert when her encore was "In My Life" a song that has great meaning for me. Wesla was truly magnificent and as she was performing I thought how lucky I am to be where I am today - going to school on a full scholarship and getting to work with amazing people like Wesla - as she sang the final lyrics to the song - I was overcome with tears of joy. She is one of the best performers I have ever seen.

As I drove home I thought about how lucky I am and how blessed I am to have this amazing opportunity. A lot of times I bitch & complain about the fact that I can't be in a show due to my school schedule but getting to open for Wesla Whitfield in Ralston Mansion makes not performing in a show seem not so bad =+)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home