LA MANCHA WEEK 10
We had some great shows this past week. My dear friend Hilary Little came to see our Thursday night show and it was wonderful to see her. Our Friday night audience was incredible - those people couldn't wait to stand up to clap for us - a nice feeling. On top of that as some of us were walking through the lobby people started clapping - nice little ego boost there. In these situations all I want to do is crawl into a ball and disappear.
On Friday night's show someone in the audience started to sing along with Cathleen during the finale. Normally this would be okay in a large theatre but not one where you are so close to the actors - the lady was singing so off key that I couldn't figure out what my fucking note was to come (this part is done a capella!) As the beauty of live theatre!
I discovered a wonderful Italian Restaurant on Saturday. Between shows my girl Nicole & I went to Cesario's which is just a few steps away on the other block of Sutter St. The best bolognese pasta I have ever had & they had fried polenta which not many places do. I was so happy with the meal that I didn't feel like doing the evening show! Of course I did but after that great meal all I wanted was a nap! =+)
I did receive some great news this past week that unfortunately I am not able to share at this moment but as soon as I get the green flag I will post about it. (Sorry - that was a total cocktease sort of comment =+)
This past Sunday was my first night at Max's and it was wonderful to be back. Sunday night has a total different vibe than Saturday night so it will be interesting for sure. Mark your calendars now as I will be working on September 9th again as it happens on a Sunday so stop on by at Max's and say hello if you can.
This upcoming week the wonderful Kate Del Castillo steps in for Cathleen in the role of Aldonza as Cathleen will be in Michigan for a Women's Music Festival. I am very excited to see what Kate brings to the role and it will definitely will be a way for us to stay fresh with another cast member joining us.
Tomorrow I see Avenue Q - I am so excited!!! Not much else to report - this is the final month to see Man of La Mancha - only four weeks left!!
Cheers
Martin



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home