29 YEARS...
Wow - it’s just a countdown to thirty isn’t it? It’s just staring at me laughing. I never thought that I would like past 21 so to be alive at 29 is a fucking miracle.
I spent this past weekend celebrating life in a very quiet way. On Saturday evening I had the most wonderful meal with my family at my favorite restaurant The Spinnaker which is in Sausalito. The food is terrific and you can’t beat the view - looking over the SF Bay.
On Sunday night I played at Max’s and had some very special guest stars come and sing for me. My beloved Hilary Little busted out a showstopping rendition of Cabaret and reprised her out-of-this-world rendition of Adelaide’s Lament from Guys & Dolls which she performed at Cabrillo Stage last summer. One of my oldest friends in life Lacy Bender came with her boyfriend and sang a haunting rendition of I Don’t Know How To Love Him and a gorgeous I Dreamed a Dream. My NDNU pal (well she has graduated already) Julia Louise Hosack came and thrilled everyone with Vanilla Ice Cream and she made my heart melt with our duet My Heart Is So Full of You which we performed at her recital. Before the evening ended the entire staff came to sing Happy Birthday to me at the piano - quite lovely. After work my friend Tyler took me out for a couple of drinks. Overall - a wonderful quiet birthday.
I forgot to post this the other day with the final La Mancha post: I wanted to say thank you to everyone who came to see Man of La Mancha at SF Playhouse - I will not forget all of you who came to support my work. That’s called true friendship people. I forgot to mention that on the last week of performances my beloved friends Maryann, Natali and Betsy came to see the show and the day before closing my beloved Patti Appel.
I am very excited to be performing with Madame Jo on Thursday - it should be a fun night. That’s all for now folks, just a little bit older and none the wiser =+) Casting news coming soon...
Cheers
Martin



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home