Wednesday, September 05, 2007

REFLECTING ON "THE QUEST"

Fourteen weeks, lots of backstage drama, cast changes, an actor hurt backstage requiring 27 stitches...would I do It all over again? ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY!

I wouldn't trade this experience for the world. I have loved working at SF Playhouse and can't wait to be back. The last week of shows was very hard on me because I have come to love this show very much - more than I thought I would. Even on two show days when I thought I would just collapse from tiredness- this show will forever be a part of me. Working with an incredible cast, a genius director and a company that made me feel so welcome - I just can't say how grateful I am. Singing "To Each His Dulcinea" made me realize how powerful music can be. I will miss so many people but most of all the moments that I shared with my fellow cast mates on stage - moments that the audience may not see, but I know they are there because I felt them every night.

This is actually the 500th post on my little blog and it's only fitting that it is a tribute to one of the most memorable theatre experiences I have had. May we all find our quest and reach for the unreachable stars.

=+)

Martin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home