Wednesday, August 15, 2007

LA MANCHA WEEK 11

It has been a great past few days. Last week at the show the divine Kate Del Castillo took over the role of Aldonza from the also divine Cathleen Riddley. People have asked me who is better...what kind of fucked up question is that?! Just kidding - it is a legitimate question and honestly - they are both so different. Each brings their very best to the role and it is a pleasure to work with both of them. Kate will be back this Saturday for two more performances.

On Thursday I visited my old friend Madame Jo at the Octavia Lounge and sang a song with her & her wonderful trio. My pal Tyler Kent & I had the best time at the Octavia Lounge and then we went across the street to Martuni's where he sang a storm (I was tired by then so I just sat and listened) and we had a lovely evening. I ran into my pal Carly Ozard at Martuni's and it was just a terrific time - I forgot how much fun the piano bar scene could be. Madame Jo has asked me to be one of her special guest stars next month and I am over the moon excited. I will be performing 4 songs (2 of them in Spanish.) When Madame Jo left the piano bar scene a few years ago, so did I but now that she has returned I just might have to stop by every now and again.

I have to say thank you to my friends who saw the show last week: Bianca, Megan, Jill and my dear friend Nicki Kerns & her husband Donald who came all the way from Boulder Creek.

I have spent the last two days in beautiful Monterey & Carmel. It was a wonderful little getaway although I could have used an extra night but alas had to be back home for this evening's show. Speaking of which - these are our final weeks!!! Only 15 more performances left kids.

And on a final note, a big huge congratulations to my friend Tielle Baker and her husband Benjamin who will be welcoming a baby in a few months. With such gorgeous parents - that baby is going to be a heartbreaker someday! Congrats you guys.

Cheers

Martin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home