LA MANCHA WEEK 12
I can't believe that we have only two weeks left of the show. Forty shows down and ten to go.
My pal Kristin Stokes came to see the show Friday night and it was wonderful to see her. Kristin will be performing in a production of SEX at the Aurora Theatre later this year - can't wait to see it. It is a play written by Mae West.
And of course it wouldn't be live theatre without the occasional fuck-up and after singing my solo "To Each His Dulcinea" I finally fucked up my lyrics at yesterday's matinee. I was looking into the eyes of Kate Del Castillo who filled as Aldonza at both of our shows yesterday and I went blank. BUT the good news is that I didn't just stop singing or sing la, la, la. Instead of singing "outfly the bird upon the wing" I sang ".......a man in the highest brink..." It was hilarious. Shit happens and it's live theatre. Who you gonna call? =+)
I more than redeemed myself at last night's show because I knew that it was Kate's last performance filling in for Cathleen (who was in the audience at our evening show) and it was a wonderful show - I was feeling the electricity in the air last night.
Also last night I ran into my girl C. Kelly Wright who is understudying for Blues in The Night at the Post Street Theatre. It was so funny seeing her. She was parked on Sutter Street and I was on my way to Walgreens which is located a few steps from our theatre. Small world!!
On Tuesday night I will be seeing the final dress rehearsal of the world premiere of EMMA at TheatreWorks. I am looking forward to it and my pals Alison Ewing and Suzanne Grodner are in it. It should be fun.
Alright, I must get ready for my gig at Max's tonight. Remember that we only have 10 more performances of Man of La Mancha. It would mean the world to me to see more of my friends come see this amazing work.
Cheers
Martin



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home