Friday, September 14, 2007

WHAT A WEEK

Oh thank GOD it’s Friday because this has been a long ass week. Here’s the buzz:

CASTING NEWS


Well I have some awesome casting news to report. I will be playing the role of Roscoe in a concert version of FOLLIES at Notre Dame de Namur University. This concert is made up of primarily professional performers who are contributing their time to raise funds for Music Theatre Conservatory scholarships. As you all probably know I am a blessed recipient of a couple of scholarships and grants so this is a cause close to my heart. I get to bring out these "beautiful girls:" Wesla Whitfield, Meg Mackay, Diana Torres Koss, Erie Mills and Debra Lambert, Dottie Lester-White to name a few.


I have been keeping my fingers crossed for this one ever since Marc told me about the possibility of it coming together over a year ago. When TheatreWorks had announced their last season I flipped out when I saw Follies in the season - I would have killed to have played any part in that production. Alas the show was replaced with Merrily We Roll Along and my little heart was broken. Now I am able to do the show, play a fabulous role with a great song that opens the show with a fabulous cast and fabulous production team: Marc Jacobs is directing, Dottie Lester-White is doing the choreography and Billy Liberatore is the musical director. I am so frickin’ excited over this one kids!!! There are only two performances - October 26 & 28 - more info to come.

I have been recruited to perform in the opera Orpheus in the Underworld. I had not planned on doing this show but Debra Lambert & I made an agreement that will keep me busy & sane for the next three semesters and we’re both cool with that. I will be playing a small role to make my operatic debut (I know, I know...flashback to Merry Wives... but I promise I will do this one) which is great. John Styx is the jailer in hell (hee hee =+) and he sings a great little song....and that’s it!! Who could ask for anything more? A "pub" part if you will. What’s really exciting about this one is that I will not only be playing the role in our school production but also the professional Pocket Opera production in San Francisco & Napa. Way cool!!


I have more casting news still stored away..stay tuned!!


MADAME JO & HER TRIO


I had one of the best evenings of my life last night. Performing with the Madame Jo trio was a total delight and to top it all off my beloved friends Jenna & Nicole - my main homegirls from Man of La Mancha were there to cheer me on -which was a lovely unexpected surprise. I sang a medley of Broadway love songs: All The Things You Are from Very Warm for May mixed with So In Love from Kiss me Kate and later a Carlos Gardel tango El Dia Que Me Quieras and finally a Peruvian song by Chabuca Granda - La Flor de la Canela. There were other wonderful guests stars and Madame Jo did an amazing set of French & Cuban songs. I was a little bit drunk by the end of the evening - overall one of the coolest Thursday nights ever! Here are some pics - me singing with Madame Jo & her trio and here’s a great shot at my girls rockin’ out wit the maracas.


Okay kids not much else to report at this moment - have a great weekend y’all!

Cheers

Martin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home