LADY EMMY

I was actually looking forward to this year's Emmy Awards (since on my down time I was able to watch a few of the nominated actors & shows) but was so dissapointed in many areas.
Here are my rants & raves:
*The best acceptance speeches came from S. Epatha Merkerson (whom I love on Law & Order) for Lead Actress in a Miniseries or Movie (Lackawanna Blues) and Felicity Huffman (left) from Desperate Housewives. I must admit I didn't see either performance or show but these ladies were so honest in their speeches and I have long admired both.
*Ellen Degeneres not so funny as a host - maybe she is too emotionally involved with what just happened with the hurricane and who can blame her - but it was her job to move the show along and remind the world that the television field matters. She was brilliant when she hosted after 9/11, not tonight.
*The tribute to Dan Rather, Tom Brokaw & the late Peter Jennings. See, T.V. does matter. Brilliant.
*Blythe Danner's win for Supporting Actress in a Drama series - I have watched this lady get so many nominations and never win - about damn time!
*Brad Garrett & Doris Roberts needed another Emmy like I need another snickers bar. It should have gone to Entourage's Jeremy Piven (or even Peter Boyle) and Arrested Development's Jessica Walter.
*So much for critics predictons - all wrong. Ha!
*Surprise win: Patricia Arquette - she beat out Glenn Close & Mariska Hargitay! You go girl.
*Was Everybody Loves Raymond funnier or more clever than Arrested Development? I think not.
This was one of the worst Emmy Awards I have seen - here's hoping next year's show gets better.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home