SNAPSHOTS
So even though I technically don't have another day off until July 21st I had to go see my friend Courtney Stokes in Snapshots at TheatreWorks and even though I was super tired I am so glad I went. The show is a wonderful musical review told looking back at a lifelong relationship using the music of Stephen Schwartz. The incredible ensemble cast includes Beth DeVries, Ray Willis, Michael Marcotte, Briam Crum and Courtney. They were all amazing but Courtney was on fire tonight. I was thrilled to be there on her 21st birthday and she had a huge entourage of friends from Starstruck Theatre.
I couldn't be more proud of Courtney - not only did she play her character (the youngest version of the couple) but she also shined in all the other roles she played throughout. The highlight for me was a beautiful 2 part harmony rendition of Meadowlark which is my favorite musical theatre song. The way that they staged that song rang so close to my heart because I have personally gone through something similar. It was a beautiful moment.
I think I know what I want to be when I grow up - Courtney Stokes. =+)
Go see Snapshots before it closes July 13th.
Cheers
M.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home