Monday, August 18, 2008

ANOTHER WEEK GOES BY

I can't believe school starts again and I have not had any time off. No rest for the wicked I guess. This past week, Brian Yates Sharber (who plays the MC) had laryngitis so his understudy Noah Claydon went on for him so it was a little bit of madness at the Playhouse. Noah couldn't do the Saturday afternoon show so Brian had to go on as the MC but we cut the songs in Act II in order to preserve his voice. I got to sing the MC's song "I Don't Care Much" which was WAY cool. I got to see a little bit of the show - finally! It's a beautiful moment between the MC & Sally (played to perfection by Brian & Lauren) and it was thrilling to watch & sing.

This Wednesday is our final performance with our entire original company. After 9 weeks of performing the show, Lauren will be leaving us on Saturday (her Sally Bowles is decadently beautiful and I will be so sad when she leaves) to go back to school, my drummer Alex will go to band camp and miss Friday-Saturday performances and Lily Tung Crystal who is one of the Kit Kat Girls will be missing 3 performances this week and Susi Damilano will go on for her again. The business of theatre!

Not much else to report except that I am so tired!!!!!

Have a great week y'all!

M.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home