Friday, March 09, 2007

BACK AT MAX'S & RANDOM RANTS

*After a few weeks of not being at Max's I realized how much I enjoy my Saturday nights (and I would have much rather been there then doing the other things I had to do for the past month) Thankfully I at least get to be back for two more weekends as the wonderful San Jose Stage is allowing me to leave Saturday rehearsals a little bit early. I will be playing this Saturday (the 10th) and the next (17th - St. Patrick's Day) and then....I don't know yet. I hope that the other pianists can fill in for me for the next 6 weeks because I would hate to lose my Saturday night gig. So we'll see.



*I realized that I have not posted my comments on this year's Oscars - so in short:
Bravo to: Helen Mirren (hers was truly the best performance of the year), Forest Whitaker's speech, Ellen for asking Spielberg to take her picture w/ Eastwood and for saying "without blacks, gays or Jews - there would be no Hollywood"
The evening went on forever and I was very upset that Pan's Labyrinth did not win Best Foreign Language Film. I think it should have been nominated in the Best Film Category. I am glad it won its 3 design awards but it deserved more.
Also kudos to Alan Arkin for his win for Little Miss Sunshine and of course to Mr. Scorsese who is long overdue.

*I recently found out that in our local theatre awards (the BATCC) - Ms. Tiffany Marie Austin was nominated for Leading Performance for Miss Saigon at BBBAY but she only played a minor role. It was Catherine Gloria who played Kim and who should have been nominated in this category. When I posted the nominees on my blog and said that I was very moved by Ms. Austin's performance - I thought she had played Kim - so see, we all make mistakes.

*In Broadway news - Mel Brook's musical adaptation of YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN is coming to Broadway this fall and will open out of town first - Mel, can you hear me? Bring it to San Francisco!!!!!!!! Also Lord Andrew Lloyd McWebber - sorry Webber is making a sequel to Phantom of the Opera. Somewhere a Jellicle Cat meaows "fuck that shit!!!"

Okay enough ranting from me - I am still in pain from my extraction - when will this agony finally fucking go away?!!!

Have a great weekend y'all

=+)

Martin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home